Sunday, January 15, 2012

Moments Captured, not Silhouettes



Here dies another day
During which I have had eyes, ears, hands
And the great world round me;
And with tomorrow begins another.
Why am I allowed two?

G.K. Chesterton, Collected Poetry Pt. 1

I set out to snap some photos of the girls for a Christmas project. The photographer in me wanted to feel defeat. But, the mama in me fought through and found delight in what had been captured.

Although this was a failed craft and I didn't get the images I thought I needed, I walked away with something much more. Something I now like even better. Moments of pure sweetness. 

A back sugar from sister.


A photo of the little being held by the other little because she just had to be near. 


The little one. You could forget her sitting still since her world is all discover and only stillness when she sleeps. 


Those curls. Look at those curls.


And this look because “Why am I supposed to turn my head sideways and not smile?” 


This punkin head with her pooched lips and her messy big girl bun. 


And the eldest. Such a sweetie. Sitting so straight and tall. 


I would have missed all of this if I would have entered into this moment with clinched fists and my mind made up just so. 

"Wherever you are, be all there." Jim Elliot

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed the pictures!

Amy

Practically Ava said...

Although I love me some Silhouettes.....I beyond love these precious photos you captured!Way to not have clenched fists and embrace these pictures.
Kayla

Megan said...

I love that you are back. :)

mandi said...

Love that "back sugar"!

and these girls...